Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Medival peasants - 3D PROJECT

null
Hi!
Yesterday, in WIP 2016 topic, I uploaded my final, first render of the medival peasants project
I'd like to share my work here, in my own thread again.

The project Im working on it, its about medival peasants. This is my graduate-school project (I'm student in the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw, Poland). The next portraits will be similiar a little bit. I'd like to show my own vision of peasants during middle ages. Maybe I will add other characters according to their social classes - poor noblemans, plebs etc. What more, maybe I will compare nation peasants, as they looked once - for example, polish peasant, empire peasant and russian peasant. 
Anyway, I'm still looking for more references. If anybody can share with me, or mention where I can find them, I would be very grateful :)

The next part of my project is 3d printing. I have an access to 3d printers. Printed models will be the most important part for my graduate. I'm going to make an exhibition with all these sculpts.

Few words about 3D workflow.
All of parts of this character were made in Zbrush. 
At the begining he looks like this:

The wriknles were too strong, I had to play around with them later.
In the meantime, I made retopology (3dCoat), UV's (3dsMax) and polypainting in Zbrush.

After that I tweak his wrinkles, pores, make his face strunger, add some painting details.
When I was satisfied enough, I made a pose in Zbrush and export to 3dsMax.
In 3dsMax/Vray I made all of materials.

e.g Skin material:

And rendered in Vray.
Postproduction in Photoshop. 

Some breakdown examples:

Camera frame scene:

Diffuse Filter:

Hope you like it!

My Behance thread:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/36240891/The-Peasant

If you have any questions, just ask:)
Next uploading screens will be the next WIP portrait, so I would be grateful if you just support me! :)