Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: 3DO/DDO Gray Material

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Aldem polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys! I am getting a weird error when I am trying to apply any material to my mesh. They all look gray/silver in the 3DO previewer but they are the correct color on the actual Albedo map. Here is a pic of what I mean.

I just got the suite yesterday so any help at all would be great!

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Could you clarify a bit more for me, Aldem? I'm not sure what the issue is just from that image - unless you're referring to the untextured portions of the mesh on the right side of the image?
  • Aldem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aldem polycounter lvl 4
    Hey Synaethesia, sorry I was not more clear. What I should be seeing in 3DO is a red paint over the model with brown dirt instead I am getting the desaturated texture you see in the image. For example, in the new image I attached I applied a painted gun metal material to the same zoomed in portion of the model. Everything on the zoomed in portion should be displaying as black with the worn away edges and such, instead, I only see the desaturated gray you see in the picture. 

I don't know if I'm completely missing something where that is just the mask that I am seeing or something? My paint color on the left is black but there isn't any black on the model.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    That looks like what it should considering the masks I see in your DDO window and the paint colors being used. Your Paint layer is set to a near-black value and the Discoloration layer is filling the model with a solid white. You'll want to take a look at what layers are giving you this effect in the Albedo document in Photoshop and adjust them in DDO according to the style you're going for. :smile:
  • Aldem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aldem polycounter lvl 4
    I see, well when I view the object with just the Albedo map displayed it shows the proper color. When I change it back to PBR shading it seems like it is getting extremely washed out by the light in the scene. Is there anyway to prevent that?

Here is a pic of what it looks like with a red painted steel showing only the Albedo map:

Versus the PBR Shading:

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    You'll need to determine what values and settings are causing this for your material. Start by isolating each layer - turn them off one by one until you see the one responsible for this effect.