Home General Discussion

Need Help, Free Realistic Human Asset Giveaway + Marketing Experience

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
ComplexAce polycounter lvl 3
Hi
I'm making a free human asset pack, that can work as standalone or be used with MakeHuman, I made a reviewable sample that you can find on the site

http://zeon.yolasite.com/

, though to finish the package I'm starting a crowd fund, and it didn't work well the last time, and I need your tips on how to market it right

The crowd fund page is down atm, the goal was 500$ , and I said that I'll distribute each part of the asset right on the sub goal reach ( for example, I'll spread the male morph at 100$ goal even if the final goal wasn't reached)

Yet I got not even a single comment , and the average time spent on page was 5 seconds

Part of the reason is that I have no previous presence in the field, even the art page of mine is very recent.

so I'd like some guidance of you to spread the word, what to say, what else to provide, how and where to post about it

P.s: Friends and family are out of question

Replies

• illo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    why would I donate money for something that will be free? Either someone else will donate for me, or I can live without it.

also, people want pretty things, so you really are going to have to make your project pretty, exciting and get peoples attention.

and I dont want to sound mean here, but your model is in need of some help before marketing things should even cross your mind.

• ComplexAce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ComplexAce polycounter lvl 3
    illo said:
    why would I donate money for something that will be free? Either someone else will donate for me, or I can live without it.

also, people want pretty things, so you really are going to have to make your project pretty, exciting and get peoples attention.

and I dont want to sound mean here, but your model is in need of some help before marketing things should even cross your mind.

I see, I missed that point, Though in the camp, I offer perks with extra exclusive content for people who pay.

Making the project Exciting, that's the point I need, what is considered exciting for such project?

My Model is only for Early preview, and it's a morph of MakeHuman that is even much worse, Not textured yet as well, But a precise critique would be of use.

Thanks for taking time to reply