Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Nothing Works after importing custom mesh

I created and imported a custom mesh. It is built of tris and imports as it should. However, now nothing I'm doing has any effect on the custom mesh. I tried to switch back to the basic cube or cylinder and nothing shows up either.  I create a new Normal map over and over and no matter what I can't get anything to show up. What's worse is that when I reset Photoshop and the suite it automatically loads the custom mesh. I uninstalled the suite and reinstalled only to get the same custom mesh showing up at startup. I desperately want this to work and was ready to purchase the suite but then this happened. I'm at a loss. Is there a preference file that doesn't get deleted upon uninstall? Help please!

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    "Nothing I'm doing has any effect" could you clarify that a bit for me? What exactly has no effect?
  • mherb204
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I open the suite and photoshop. Click the nDo button and create new 1024x1024 texture via the create new project dialog. It creates a new project. I click the "add new multi normal" button and it runs through the action and gives me the appropriate layers. I then click on the new layer within the group and then create a custom shape. Everything appears as it should in Photoshop When I click the 3Do button, it launches 3do and without prompt it loads the custom mesh I had imported. The Normal map doesn't apply to the mesh. When I try to change the mesh back to a stock cube or cylinder it still does nothing. Even after uninstalling I get nothing.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Try this:

Click the Import tab.
    Select the Load button (...)
    Navigate (or copy/paste the directory into 3DO's address bar) to the folder where the model you'd like to work with is located
    Check the mesh group name (e.g. a model with a mesh named Object001) and name your *.PSD from BaseMaterial [Normal].PSD to MeshGroupName [Normal].PSD
    Use NDO's force-refresh button to reload the map in 3DO

If that doesn't work, make sure your normal map is named BaseMaterial [Normal].PSD if you're attempting to work with the base primitives. :smile: