Home Freelance Job Postings

[CLOSED] Character Concept Artist, Modeller and Animator for Indie Game

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
lamplightforest polycounter lvl 2

[Edit: Modelling and animating positions have now been filled. I am still looking for a skilled concept artist with a very unique and personal style. Remote collab is fine, but if you're able to meet in the LA area that's a bonus]

I am looking for a freelance concept artist, character modeller and animator for the indie game Pallas of Vines.

This is a hybrid 3rd/1st person point-and-click adventure with in-depth musical interactions.

I’m looking for a certain gracefulness in the character designs, along the lines of the character references provided below (see bottom of post).

The tone of this game is peaceful and contemplative, but still accessible to a wide age-range.

The style will be most likely low-poly and untextured, but with a strong sense of realistic human proportion and graceful movement. Low-poly experience is not essential, and I’m open to experimentation and development around the style.

The environment art in the game is placeholder at present, but should give a good indication of the clear, peaceful and colour-saturated atmosphere I’m looking to create.

http://lamplightforest.com/pallas-of-vines.html

If you are able to concept the characters yourself, that is ideal (please specify if this is possible in your email).

Or, if you have a concept artist you like to work with I’m open to discussion around that also.

If you're a great character designer/modeller but can't animate feel free to also be in touch. Ability to do rigging is not essential but would also be a bonus.

Although this is a small indie project, quality comes first, so if you're a great fit I’m happy to discuss a good rate.

I am based in South Australia, so this would most likely be remote collaboration.

Please send a link to your portfolio to:

al@lamplightforest.com

Reference Images: