Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast - Road Crew

A little late but here goes...

Replies

• rjdan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Final Submission

OK, so after joining the challenge well after the start date and not being able to put in as much time as i'd have liked due to other commitments (which i'm sure was a problem for most people) this is my final entry. Unfortunately it's not got everything in I had planned to put in but the general idea is there. Ideally I would have utilised the texture allowance more but it became quicker to concentrate on the one 4096 texture as time went on.  
    Anyway here goes.
    After many years spent alone in his castle The Beast grew tired of his solitary existence and decided to take a job where he could travel the world and put his size, strength and love for music to work... The job he found was as part of the "Road Crew" for the worlds most talented and beautiful musician/singer of the time ....Belle!
    Character polycount:   18,859 Tris (Beast and Barrier as one because of interaction)
    1 x 4096 texture set (Beast Character)

Pedestal polycount:  4,761 Tris 
    1 x 2048 texture set

Base Mesh done in 3ds Max.
    Sculpting done in Zbrush.
    Texturing done in Substance Painter 1 and Photoshop
    Final render in Unity.

Texture sets:

General Shots from Substance Painter and Unity:

Ref Board:

Cheers!
  • rjdan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I posted my final submission at around 1:30am (GMT) which was well before the deadline of  11:59PM (PST) but my account was not verified so the post didn't go up and said it would appear once approved. I contacted a moderator and my account was verified and they responded at 12:46PM (GMT after the deadline). However when I went back to my WIP page the text and images had not submitted and I had to post them at that point. Will this effect my submission. Also I'm not sure if the images I uploaded are sharing properly... I think I must be having a nightmare because everything seems to have gone wrong. :( 
  • rjdan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Final Submission

OK, so after joining the challenge well after the start date and not being able to put in as much time as i'd have liked due to other commitments (which i'm sure was a problem for most people) this is my final entry. Unfortunately it's not got everything in I had planned to put in but the general idea is there. Ideally I would have utilised the texture allowance more but it became quicker to concentrate on the one 4096 texture as time went on.  
    Anyway here goes.
    After many years spent alone in his castle The Beast grew tired of his solitary existence and decided to take a job where he could travel the world and put his size, strength and love for music to work... The job he found was as part of the "Road Crew" for the worlds most talented and beautiful musician/singer of the time ....Belle!
    Character polycount:   18,859 Tris (Beast and Barrier as one because of interaction)
    1 x 4096 texture set (Beast Character)

Pedestal polycount:  4,761 Tris 
    1 x 2048 texture set

Base Mesh done in 3ds Max. 
    Sculpting done in Zbrush.
    Texturing done in Substance Painter 1 and Photoshop
    Final render in Unity.

Texture sets:

General Shots from Substance Painter and Unity:

Ref Board:

Cheers!