Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Characters as in Albion Online [Low Poly]

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
BrightBit polycounter lvl 11
For my retro looking sandbox game I tried to create characters that feel and look similar to the ones in Albion Online. Now I am interested in feedback and critiques before I move on.

Here's an image of a character in Albion Online: Character Creation
Here's the link to my project page on IndieDB: GWAIN on IndieDB

Here's an image that shows my characters:

What do you think? Do you need additional information before you can judge them?

Edit:
  • the man has 1446 triangles
  • the woman has 1393 triangles

Replies

• bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    To me it looks like you nailed down the models! I looked at the Albion inspiration and it looks very similar. One thing that is bugging me is the seam at the ankles, but thats a quick fix.

So what is your next move? Will you be creating a pieces for a character creation scene? 
  • BrightBit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrightBit polycounter lvl 11
    Thank you for your feedback. The seams at the ankles are bugging me too but they are actually not that easy to fix without adding more polygons. The Albion characters have the same problem. I am not sure if I will invest more hours than I already did to fix it though. :/ Here's an image of the wires in case you want to give me a hint on how to change the feet:

My next move will be the skinning of the models to test it with my motion capture animations. Somewhere in the hopefully not that far future I also will create pieces for character customisation purposes. :)
  • Mitchellangelo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mitchellangelo polycounter lvl 7
    I agree with the ankle seams, that's the only feedback I have.  But otherwise your character designs seem very loyal to the game image you've provided.
  • ghostttttt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi can you explain how  u make these cuz i am trying and can't get the desired results
    thankyou