Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Babylon 5 Inspired Spaceship (Dantari Frigate)

Hi Guys!

This is my 3D model for a video game project that i done with my partner, is a space combat games called 'Starshatter Wars', which is inspired by a sci-fi TV series, Babylon 5.

I appreciate your feedback and critique for this model.

Sorry for the large files , i took this from Dropbox screenshot, and it convert it to .png, I'm going to change it soon as i had time.

Oh, and the picture is in unorganized order, im also going to change that after i had a sleep. 

I'll also appreciate if you guys and girls could take your time to fill in my survey, so i could gather your feedback easier, as it will be for a research paper: 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/collect/?collector_id=83547588 

Replies

• rosenand
    Offline / Send Message
    rosenand vertex
    Noob question: isn't it good practice to keep your uv island edges vertical / horizontal if possible? In my experience having weird angles in the uv layout introduces aliasing on what should be a simple straight edge in-game, and the little bit of space you gain while packing the uvs is not worth it. But then again, my experience is very limited.
  • Devon M
    Offline / Send Message
    Devon M polycounter lvl 4
    Only thing that bothers me when they aren't vertical or horizontal UV's is when I have to paint in details -.- Makes it difficult for me at least.