Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UNITY] Last of Us inspired Street Environment

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
JasonNorman polycounter lvl 6
Hello Polycounters!
I'm starting up a new project this week inspired by concepts from the Last of Us. The visual style of the Last of Us has always appealed to me and I've wanted to do a project trying to mimic what they accomplished. The concepts I collected all hit key areas that I have been wanting to practice in my art including: using light to set a mood, weather and particle effects, modular buildings and plant models. The environment itself is not overly large or complex but I think it will be good practice for hitting areas I don't have much experience in and hopefully by the end I will have a broader knowledge as to how to go about it in future project. The project itself is being done for a college class so there are specific elements that I must use or include to complete the project but overall I'm using this as a way to practice personal goals and will hopefully continue the project past class deadlines and into Summer. With that being said, I'll be getting started and I look forward to seeing feedback and advice from the rest of Polycount.

These are the concepts I decided to base the project off of. The actual scale of the project will be based off of the top image while the rest support certain aspects that I want to incorporate into it. I will be starting off the project building out the environmental aspects including the buildings, ground, and small supporting props. Then once that is complete I will work on modeling a few vehicles to finish off the scene. Thank you in advance to anyone willing to drop some feedback. I'm going to get started on the blockout so I will see you soon. 

Replies