Home Technical Talk

ZBrush subtool off center

catlady
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
catlady polycounter lvl 4
So I exported my model to 3ds max, then returned it to Zbrush and now no matter what I do, the subtool is off center. I tried to fix it with Transformation - Set Pivot point, but nothing changed. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    You must have inadvertently moved the mesh off 0,0,0 somehow. I use GoZ multiple times daily(and before that manual export) and I've never had this happen.

Just click Deformation>Unify(Note:this will change the scale of your model to optimal ZB scale)

Or GoZ>0,0,0 in Max>GoZ

Also, the Set Pivot function is for temporarily assigning a local pivot to visible polygroups and is not to be confused with resetting your pivot in Max.
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I wouldn't be surprised if the asymmetrical model (lacking one hand) is throwing off how zbrush interprets the center of the mesh. If there's no reason for the hand to be missing I would try and restore it. Otherwise, you could click on a vertex that you want to act as a center point, then create a temporary pivot using Transform: SetPvt

Late Edit: 
    This is basically what is happening.

• m4dcow
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator

I assume it's an asymmetrical issue like @cryrid mentions. You could make a cube in max to roughly the bounds of your character, import that, and then append your character to that tool. You could use any symmetrical mesh, but something close to the bounds of your character will keep the Zbrush's unified space about the same.

• catlady
    Offline / Send Message
    catlady polycounter lvl 4
    Thank you all, I fixed it