Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Disney Infinity Animation Demo Reel

Various cinematic and in-game animation from the Disney Infinity franchise 1-3 using light game rigs animated in MAYA. I'm responsible for all character animation. Thanks for watching

https://vimeo.com/161248812

Replies

• beefaroni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
  • felixbrownSLC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks!  I appreciate that 
  • SpaceSteggy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    These look awesome! I think I like the end the most, the interaction between Mr. Incredible and Jessie. 
  • Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    wow those look so cool!!! I don't play the game but I buy the figures!!! my last one is that darth maul :P
  • EVernier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVernier polycounter lvl 8
    Never played, but I love the animations in this game. Good job!
  • felixbrownSLC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, SpaceSteggy! That was a fun one trying to think of some interesting way for the two of them to interact while staying in character

• felixbrownSLC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's very cool, Arturo thanks!
  • felixbrownSLC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, Evernier!
  • jarvin88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jarvin88 polycounter lvl 3
    Nice work! Super fun, the characters are great :)
  • NuttyART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NuttyART polycounter lvl 7
    Nice work!
    I have a question.
    When you had to animate a fight between kylo ren vs rey, creation of chereograpy was also your task or they gave you a story-board?
  • felixbrownSLC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NuttyART said:
    Nice work!
    I have a question.
    When you had to animate a fight between kylo ren vs rey, creation of chereograpy was also your task or they gave you a story-board?

Thanks! The crazy thing is,  for that shot I had about zero reference.  It was basically a premise (lightsaber duel in the snow) and the slightest of character descriptions (he's a bit out of control and bad, she's a bit inexperienced but good) 
    The rest was all my imagination <span>:smile:</span>

I don't think I answered your question though. Hold on a few,  I'll post how it went down
  • felixbrownSLC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! It's been a fun ride so far
  • felixbrownSLC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NuttyART said:
    Nice work!
    I have a question.

Thanks! The crazy thing is,  for that shot I had about zero reference.  It was basically a premise (lightsaber duel in the snow) and the slightest of character descriptions (he's a bit out of control and bad, she's a bit inexperienced but good) 
    The rest was all my imagination <span>:smile:</span>

I don't think I answered your question though. Hold on a few,  I'll post how it went down
    So I had a story-board but it didn't have any choreography, just action type poses. The actual "ballet of violence" was up to me. 

I had the initial frame range determined by the rotating camera speed. I thumb-nailed and shot reference of several interesting attacks and counter attacks. 

I intentionally varied the attacks with breaks in between to avoid it feeling too even. I then played with the camera rotation speed to get the best poses in front of the camera while getting the best composition as possible.

Hope I explained it okay 

• NuttyART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NuttyART polycounter lvl 7

So I had a story-board but it didn't have any choreography, just action type poses. The actual "ballet of violence" was up to me. 

I had the initial frame range determined by the rotating camera speed. I thumb-nailed and shot reference of several interesting attacks and counter attacks. 

I intentionally varied the attacks with breaks in between to avoid it feeling too even. I then played with the camera rotation speed to get the best poses in front of the camera while getting the best composition as possible.

Hope I explained it okay 

Yeah, thank you, that's pretty interesting how workflow looks in a professional brands.
    And how long did it take you to animate such a fight?
  • felixbrownSLC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NuttyART said:

Hope I explained it okay 

Yeah, thank you, that's pretty interesting how workflow looks in a professional brands.
    And how long did it take you to animate such a fight?

• felixbrownSLC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I believe I had about two weeks to get it done 
  • 13randO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    13randO polycounter lvl 3
    That was all fantastic, but I particularly love the last shot with Mr. Incredible and Jessie. Just brilliant. 
  • felixbrownSLC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    13randO said:
    That was all fantastic, but I particularly love the last shot with Mr. Incredible and Jessie. Just brilliant. 

Thank you! I appreciate that.  That was a particularly fun piece in that I had the freedom to not only animate the shot,  but I came up with the concept itself. Finding an entertaining collaboration between these two characters was great