Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Monthly Art Challenge April 2016 (39)

Replies

• JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    @kadeschui - Woo looking good! If you could push the roughness a bit more on the metal stripes part, it would catch the light oh-so-good! Can't wait to see what you do with your diorama.

I've just been using 3D max (for the basic high poly) and photoshop for my texturing, nothing too fancy this time around, but I'm hoping next month's challenge I'll dive into Designer. 

Here is another update on my piece. Sadly I don't think I'll have enough time to work on the other assets (work be busy!), but I'll keep chipping away at what I have here... maybe add a couple more things to add some life.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's updates! 
  • KaiserJohannes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KaiserJohannes polycounter lvl 2
    @JasonLavoie Love ur texture and model - had a look at it on artstation... any chance u can give a brake down of the handpainted albedo ? Cause I just utterly fail at it would love to learn how to make a texture like that - u nailed the design really.

Might be able to make the model, but wouldn't count on it for this month, will work on it and post it but not for the challange, really like the artstyle of that concept though.

• kadeschui
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kadeschui greentooth
    griffiti said:
    @kadeschui Love your art style!
    Thank you @griffiti super nice to hear that :) !!

@JasonLavoie Thank you for the awesome suggestion - specifically are you referring to the red / white stripes on the box ...? 

I think you nailed the concept! The added details are a great touch. Do you bake normals in Max or something else?
  • davidperyman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    davidperyman polycounter lvl 9
    @kadeschui Wow... Those textures look incredible. Awesome lights and renders, what did you use to texture? Great stuff

• kadeschui
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kadeschui greentooth
    @davidperyman Thank you! I've been texturing in Substance Painter, with small tweaks in Photoshop. Lit / light baked in Unreal 4.

Life attacked and am just picking this back up - Small update on the house, just need to finish the uv's and start baking now. here's the high(ish) poly:

• kadeschui
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kadeschui greentooth
    @eXecutex any update on Challenge #40? I'm happy to lend a hand setting things up if needed! 

cheers ~
  • eXecutex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eXecutex polycounter lvl 9
    @kadeschui  yes i am gonig to post a new thread today. I apologize for the dellay. Easter in my country was recently, and had to take some time away. But now that I am back, going to look for some concepts and make a new thread.
    You can help by offering some concept via PM if you want to be seen on the Monthly Art Challenge :smile:

By the way, great dedication to your work guys, you did some amazing work over those concepts ! Really proud !!!
  • kadeschui
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kadeschui greentooth
    eXecutex said:
    @kadeschui  yes i am gonig to post a new thread today. I apologize for the dellay. Easter in my country was recently, and had to take some time away. But now that I am back, going to look for some concepts and make a new thread.
    You can help by offering some concept via PM if you want to be seen on the Monthly Art Challenge :smile:

By the way, great dedication to your work guys, you did some amazing work over those concepts ! Really proud !!!
    No need to apologize! I know life gets in the way more often than not :) I'll send some ideas over after work today; if you've already posted maybe they'll be helpful next month ;)

Thanks for all your hard work and carrying the torch of Monthly Art Challenges for all of us !!
  • kerongfu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi,guys, maybe little bit late, but I want to post what I did for this challenge anyway.
    Did it in DDO

Time to move to May Challenge. :)

• Ricky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ricky polycounter lvl 12
    Waaay too late, but I took park in this too. I will take part in this months challenge too and hopefully get something in on time at least! These challenges are really good to keep things rolling in my spare time, so thank you for setting them up! Some lovely work happening here too! Wish I had more time to make more of the objects or take on a bigger task....
    I'd love to see how Davidperyman's scene goes if you're still working on it too!