Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Help critique my Mr.bean model

Please help me. I cant seem to make my model exactly like the concept art.
all critique and comments are welcome.

Replies

• Greg DAlessandro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Greg DAlessandro polycounter lvl 6
    Do you have any reference images that are directly sideways, and directly forward? It's hard to model from a 2/3 view or other diagonal images because of foreshortening. Also what program are you using to model? Just curious.
  • nickcomeau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nickcomeau polycounter lvl 4
    I think the things sticking out first to me would be that the pupils you have are a loooot larger than the reference, and you don't have the eyebrows in there which will help define the face a bit more. Oh and the birthmark. As far as the shape goes, I think you've got it.
  • Exceed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the things sticking out first to me would be that the pupils you have are a loooot larger than the reference, and you don't have the eyebrows in there which will help define the face a bit more. Oh and the birthmark. As far as the shape goes, I think you've got it.

Yeah, about the pupils, if i make it smaller like the reference, it will look like he is in shock. 
  • Exceed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Do you have any reference images that are directly sideways, and directly forward? It's hard to model from a 2/3 view or other diagonal images because of foreshortening. Also what program are you using to model? Just curious.
    here you go, i added wireframes just incase. i am using maya.
  • nickcomeau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nickcomeau polycounter lvl 4
    I think a bit of the shock is just coming from his eyes being so wide open imo
  • Exceed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think a bit of the shock is just coming from his eyes being so wide open imo
    Hi Nick, yeah thats the problem too. If I lower the eyelids, it wont look the same as the concept.
    Idk if i should make it look the same or just make it look pleasing to the eye. T.T