Home Technical Talk

Looking to invest in a drawing tablet... BUT

RedShiny
null
Offline / Send Message
RedShiny null
I've been coming up to the slow realization that while my old graphire is nice, it's not helping me when it comes to some more advanced stuff that I feel I need to work on if I want to up my game.

So I've been looking at upgrading to a tablet with a back-screen and since there are a ton of options now, I'm well out of my depth so I thought I should ask around to see what tablets are worth considering.

Also, my computer is not current (it's about 6 years old now.) I could upgrade if need be but that would be an added expense I'd have to factor in (not to mention the hassle of transferring everything to the new one. I'd prefer it work with this comp tho.)

I'd like to use it not only for drawing/sketching, but also painting, sculpting and (hopefully) animating.

This means that while I've heard good things about the iPad pro with the iPencil, that may not be what I need (though a self-contained tablet PC system does tick off that "want" impulse, realistically speaking if I can only draw/paint on it, it may not be what I need.)

And I'm not exactly rich... I do understand this would be an investment but I cannot say "money is no object."

And I need it to work and work well (low latency, good amounts of pressure sensitivity, decent drivers, etc.)

So I'd really love it if you could;d suggest one to me and argue why it would be a good choice. We're talking long-term use here from an artist/animator's perspective.