Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Adding a Smart Material with a mask open results in a mess

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
I've found something odd:

I hand painted a mask on dynamask for smart material, all good. 
Immediately after, I added another smart material and it resulted a mess, looked inside to see what was happening and it appears that it pasted that mask i painted before on most layers, even those that don't use hand painted masks but instead are based on AO or cuvature. Deleted the messy smart material and added a different smart material, equal result, the hand painted masks in most layers.

After going crazy for a couple of minutes I closed the mask.psd that was still holding the mask i hand painted. And then added a smart material and it worked just fine.

So, from now on i can remember to close the masks before adding a smart material, but should be fixed, either by making the smart material not use that mask in all layers for no reason, or autoclose the mask once it's used?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Borx - did you Accept Mask in DynaMask before adding a Smart Material?
  • Borx25
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
    Sorry for the delay, i could check again, but from what i remember i did accept the mask but it wasn't closed.
    As an extra info, this appears to be project-dependant, in the sense that its only happening on 2 projects i started the same day, whatever i do on them the masks say open and get pasted on new materials. But other new projects work just fine.