Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fallout 4 Chinese AK modular rebuild

While we're waiting for the GECK to drop, I've taken up a few projects to get back into 3D work. It's been a loooooong time.

The Chinese Assault Rifle was notably absent from Fallout 4, and since nobody on Nexus had taken a serious stab at it, I figured I might try my hand. While I did sneak a peek at the high-poly model left in Fallout's game files, I decided to make it my own and start entirely from scratch. This also let me take things in a new direction.

Main focus of the project was to try to take the iconic weapon from Fallout 3, modularize it and update it for current-gen, as well as bring some more traditional Kalash stylings back into it. I hope to make full use of Fallout's new crafting system to get some pretty wild diversity to the types of barrels, stocks, and sights we could get on here.

Model as it is now is unfinished. I wanted to try to get some feedback before I start to finalize all the details. Please critique!

https://cdn3.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/002/227/779/large/alexander-leich-ak-leftside.jpg?1458974201