Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: nDo UV Overlay?

I was just wondering there is a setting I can change to have NDO display the UV map for a model over the normal map I'm trying to create. I've tried adding it manually, but it doesn't seem to line up well.

FYI: I'm exporting from Blender into an OBJ and exporting the UV map from Blender's image editor.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Copper - all you should have to do is render out your UVs and overlay them above the nDo layer group, and then set the UVs to a blend mode - disable the layer before you preview however, as it will not look correct in 3DO unless it's set to normal colors.

Regarding your UV map coming from Blender, that may be something a Blender support forum could assist with - I unfortunately have no experience with the software.:frowning:

• CopperStache
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Copper - all you should have to do is render out your UVs and overlay them above the nDo layer group, and then set the UVs to a blend mode - disable the layer before you preview however, as it will not look correct in 3DO unless it's set to normal colors.

Regarding your UV map coming from Blender, that may be something a Blender support forum could assist with - I unfortunately have no experience with the software.:frowning:

Alright, thank you very much!