Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Problem with importing mesh into ndo.

So I have this mesh that just won't work correctly in ndo.
I export from Maya 2015 in .fbx, and the settings I use works for every other mesh I export with in Maya.

When I import it it accepts the import, but then I can't see the mesh in 3do. It does not have any "Mesh groups" in the roll down menu under "Baking". I think this is the problem, since when I import other meshes it shows something else than "BaseMaterial" under "Mesh group", but I have no clue what I can do about it.

When I export as .obj, I can see the mesh in 3do, but it simply wont paint any normals on it.

Does anyone have a solution? I'm clueless at this point.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Make sure you're using FBX 2013 - let me know if that solves it for you.
  • Qured
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tried using FBX 2013, still having the same problems.

EDIT: If I press the roll down menu with the "BaseMaterial" in the Baking options, the output_log.txt in 3DO2_Data writes 4000 new lines. It seems to pretty much be this error message repeated:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at BakeMenu.get_finalRes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at BakeMenu.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)
    Does this help in any way?

EDIT 2: It boils down to when I combine a specific mesh with the other meshes in my project. Without the mesh, it works as usual, with the mesh this problem appears. No idea what's wrong, but for now I'll just rebuild the mesh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯