Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The beast - the Beast of the Maze

Gutendog
null
Offline / Send Message
Gutendog null

"The first time the men entered the pit, the beasts retreated as far into the shadows as their chains would reach.  Spears pierced the darkness and blood ebbed back into the light. Only three survived.

The second time they entered the pit the wounded beasts tried to fight back.  Only two survived.

The third time they entered the pit, only he survived.

The forth time they entered his pit, he waited.  He tore his chains from the walls. He broke their spears and crushed their shields.  He let them scream.  They could only die once they screamed."

Hi guys

I've been toying around with different concepts and have finally gotten a break from work to do this.

I'm working on a minotaur idea although I'm trying to steer away from the literal "half man half bull" translation.  Rather I am going for a beast that would be described as such if a survivor were to only get a second glance at the creature.

The concept is that of a beast similar to a dog being thrown into a pit to die for the amusement of others.  But he has become part of the pit and now rules it and survives off the anyone who might enter.

At this early stage I have two directions for the face.  The first is an intelligent humanoid slave character and the second is a savage character.  Both will be decked in chains that have been torn from the walls whereas the former will have rags and scavenged armour.