Home Technical Talk

How to integrate a dresser with movable drawer in UE4?

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
spexel polycounter lvl 2

I modeled a dresser in Maya. Right now it is divided in 19 objects. The drawer faces are copy and have their own unique place in the UVs and the knobs and back drawers are instances and are stacked on top of each other in the UVs. I want each drawer to be movable in UE4 and I don't know how to proceed. Should I combine the drawers together and have 6 object and another 1 for the frames? I will do the texturing process using Ddo.

I'm a little confused on how to proceed when I want to include moving part to and object but keeping everything on the same UVs.

How could I achieve it?

Replies

• AtticusMars
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    spexel said:

I modeled a dresser in Maya. Right now it is divided in 19 objects. The drawer faces are copy and have their own unique place in the UVs and the knobs and back drawers are instances and are stacked on top of each other in the UVs. I want each drawer to be movable in UE4 and I don't know how to proceed. Should I combine the drawers together and have 6 object and another 1 for the frames? I will do the texturing process using Ddo.

I'm a little confused on how to proceed when I want to include moving part to and object but keeping everything on the same UVs.

I would make the drawers single objects. I'm not sure why you would break them up or why the UV layout would matter for a movable object? UE4 can't lightmass movables so you don't even need a lightmap channel.