Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook : Discmage

I would love critique on my work if there is anything you can see to improve my work. My goal here is to be a better artist after many years of learning the skills, but not practicing them. So I have some catching up to do!

Currently working on a base character to start building a game around. Will no doubt have some other things as I go along. I also have a twitch channel if anyone cares to check out my work as I go along : www.twitch.tv/darkplaceinteractive/

Replies

• Discmage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This guy is my first character for a game I want to make. I need to make him a LOT more stylised (more Overwatch / Borderlands / Darksiders ) and maybe tweak the proportions a little bit (more Disney Infinity). I also need to give him more 'character'...somehow.
    Learning a lot on the process but hitting a bit of a wall and slowing to a crawl trying to find ways to make him really stand out.

Things to do :
    - Stylise all the main 'details' like creases, cloth etc to be more exaggerated.
    - Improve the hands
    - Either reproportion in Zbrush, or after retopology (still deciding as to when)
    - Unwrap UVW
    - Bake and texture in Substance Painter/Designer (with customisation in mind)
    - Rig
    - Animate
    - Import into game