Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Arch-Vis House

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Panzerdraco polycounter lvl 5
First bit of 'proper' arch-vis work I've ever done.
Modelled in 3DS Max and rendered with Vray, post done in Photoshop.
Based on this I found in Google Images:
http://www.lambertbardsleyreeve.co.uk/sectors/private-houses/eco-cedar-house/
I'm aware the surroundings are bland and the trees suck, I put most of my focus in the house itself.
Please critique! I want to get better. :smiley: 

Replies

• xvampire
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    my critics going to be pretend as potential buyer :  who examine the house /building

-  why the glass is black?  i dont want to stay inside and  permanently never aware/cant see the real sun light from inside , every good house i see , always has option to put blind instead.   the glass would look more reflective from outside. 

- yes the outdoor location is bland, I dont know where to park my car , is it from back side of the house? 
    how do i get out? 

- the wood material.... im not so sure, that look really  a bit fragile to maintain.   I want slightly bigger and sturdy wood.  especially for that size of building. 

keep it up :) 
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    You've no gutters/downpipes on the 2 skillion sections of roof. The middle roof has no flashing where it meets the wall, and is missing the barge flashing to the right of the downpipe. Also, the walls where the render and cladding meet looks unnatural. It could do with a negative detail (shadow margin)

You have no staggered butt joints in your in your cladding. This might sound fussy but it's the small details.... :smile: