Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast - Steel Inquisitor

Hello guys first time posting here. Although its a bit late, heres what I have for my beast.

For my version of the beast I decided to do something in the world of Mistborn, my favorite fantasy book.
Steel Inquisitors are bloodthirsty creatures feared in the world for their power, cruelty, and near immortality. Every one of them, however, used to be human. History tells that they became these monsters only after they gained their spikes. How they survive with that many spikes lodged into their body and organs remains a mystery to the common folk.

Storywise, this particular inquisitor lead a failed rebellion against the worlds tyrannical Lord Ruler. Though wounded, he escaped with his life and discovered the Lord Ruler's secret to creating inquisitors. Mind becoming twisted after giving up his humanity, he looks to a crumpled drawing of a flower, the last memento of his wife, to remind himself of his original purpose. Revenge for his dead wife and his murdered friends.

Update: Finished!

Progress shots:

Replies

• nastobi123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nastobi123 polycounter lvl 8
    Looks really good to me. Not gonna lie, I like it.

I'd like to give my 2cents, I like the figure, concept and all. This is me nitpicking stuff. If I were you, I'd add more rotting skin other than the mouth/gum area. Maybe he has small scars that never healed or rotten flesh on his other foot just to break symmetry. Maybe he is missing some of his finger nails, tattoos, stitches, bandages . . . TBH, he doesnt look that wounded or he got out of battle. Do some damage on body. 

Also for those cylindrical painful thing, I'd make the edges or the just the nail worn off. Imagine if those things were hammered in his body, no clue how they got in there but theyre cool. You could probably add a necklace with a picture/painting of his wife as well,  

Maybe this is just me but his crotch drops too low. Take this with a grain of salt. 

Goodluck man, this is going great. 
  • Fishballs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update
    Final result, not as polished as I'd liked it to be, mainly because of bad time management. But it was definitely a learning experience all the way through, and theres always next time!

The man known as the survivor once lead a failed rebellion against the tyrannical Lord Ruler. Though wounded, he escaped with his life and discovered the Lord Ruler's secret to creating inquisitors. Mind twisted after giving up his humanity, he looks to a crumpled drawing of a flower, the last memento of his wife, to remind himself of his original purpose.

Full Frame

Close up

Wireframe + Tri Count

Texture