Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Glass material with dDo + preview in 3DO?

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
C86G greentooth
Hi again (btw, very nice support here, thanks for that!)

I`m trying to create a glass material (with some dirt on it, custom scratches etc) in DDO and preview it in 3DO. But I just can´t figure out how to do that. I know I can add a opacity map, but I ca´nt create the main glass material to make it... glassy/transparent to show what is behind it.

Any workflow on that? I bet I`m missing one important option or something : /

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey C86G, can you show me what you've got so far? :smile: 
  • C86G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    C86G greentooth
    Hi Synaesthesia .

Actually. nothing at this point. But let me describe what I tried so far (basically anything i know of):

- layer with albedo, opacity at 0% in everything BUT albedo
    - layer in opacity to reveal parts of the albedo map
    ---> does not work

I tried this with normal, solid material and just have no luck. Besides getting no nice transparent material.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I'll write up an explanation for you if you need one, but I think you'll get faster results from chatting with @Billy Lundevall on the Quixel Hangout. Let him know I sent you over and he'll gladly assist in real-time! :smile: 
  • C86G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    C86G greentooth
    I´d appreciate a small explanation from you. No need to go into full detail, just the main steps I have to do.
    And please don´t feel to do it instantly. No rush here : )
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Make sure you're using the latest version of the SUITE - some of these steps cannot be replicated otherwise. I'll go over all steps just in case anything was missed. :smile: 

Add New Map from dDo's menu -> Opacity
    In the Opacity map, use white to define opaque materials and black to define transparent materials, and values of gray to determine translucency.
    If the mesh isn't displaying correctly at this point, click on the mesh group you're working with in 3DO. A menu will appear at the top right of the screen. Set the rendering method for that mesh group - cut out, transparent, or fade should work.

Let me know if this helps! :smile: