Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast - Impresario Thomas Richmond

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
seriouscat polycounter lvl 3
Hello guys. I've been following the contest from the beginning but I didn't dare to post my work. Now it's time. 

The short story (that still needs to be cut to 100 words):
"Parts of the lost diary of impresario Thomas Richmond (missing person).

05.05.1920 «Only tonight! Unbelievable spouses: strongman John and gymnast Josephine». This two will make us rich! Classic, but what a performance! They are really something.

06.16.1920 What an old fool am I to fell in love so hard! Narcissistic goof John doesn't deserve her. If only I was younger and slimmer, Josephine would be mine! It’s time to visit Al-Farabi, dear friend, who turns chickens into chicks at the circus.

10.10.1920 The magician promises that the arcanum with the source of vital energy will make me young again. And I am sure I found one already. Your mourning will not last long, my Josephine.

05.05.1921 I deserve everything that happened. John dried up in front of me and I was getting stronger, but this was not enough. Atrocity always has a price. Potion that absorbed human life knew better what to do with my body. I resisted as hard as i was able to. Now I can't even show up in front of Josephine. I have lost her. Only the magician Al-Farabi knows what happened but he will take this secret to the grave. My place is now among the same derelicts and sufferers, but i can bet that outside human world they still need a good circus."

Feedback is welcome.

Story:
lost diary of impresario Thomas Richmond (missing person)
05.05.1920 «Only tonight! Unbelievable spouses: strongman Joseph and gymnast Josephine» - classic! This two will make us rich!
06.16.1920 Narcissistic goof Joseph doesn't deserve her. If only I was younger and slimmer! It’s time to visit Al-Farabi, dear friend, famous for his magic potions.
10.10.1920 Magician's arcanum need a source of vital energy, I know a perfect one. Your mourning will not last long, my Josephine.
05.05.1921 Atrocity of draining vitality from human being have an appropriate price: I've lost everything and my place now is among others martyrs and reneges. But I bet, even under human world there is a demand for good circus.

Replies