Home Adobe Substance

Smooth Curvature node making weird gradients

This curvature smooth node has begun to do this weird gradient thing whenever i attach my normal to it. the weird thing is that when i try to disconnect and reconnect with just a plain mask it is still there. it gets even weirder and more annoying, but i tried reconnecting down the line of my graph trying to see where the problem was and every now and then it will disappear and when i reconnect it to m,y last node, it begins to work properly. BUT as soon as i make one change it comes back. i have no idea whats causing this, i deleted all my noises and extra nodes to simplify it completely but it just doesn't seem to go away and i have no idea why it is doing this. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thank you. :)

Replies

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Hi there, make sure that your node Curvature smooth has a tilling in repeat mode on both axis, either with the node itself by forcing it to absolute, or by setting up the node just before. This node doesn't work if the tilling hasn't been setup correctly.
  • cgvinny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cgvinny polycounter lvl 9
    Hey, do you think you can share the sbs ?
  • FishyBananas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok said:
    Hi there, make sure that your node Curvature smooth has a tilling in repeat mode on both axis, either with the node itself by forcing it to absolute, or by setting up the node just before. This node doesn't work if the tilling hasn't been setup correctly.
    Hmm, ill definitely try that later tonight once i get home. ill let you know if that works. the thing is i tried using this muffin shape on a pre-existing graph i had made and thats when the problem first came about. For some reason this tile keeps making that strange gradient but when i delete all the normals and reconnect simple shapes to it and refreshing the node it goes away but comes back as soon as i connect and change a single setting in the graph. its very frustrating. 

cgvinny said:
    Hey, do you think you can share the sbs ?
    No problem, just give me credit for it haha :) took forever for me to figure out to get this to work properly.  i finished the graph adding color and roughness to it. or do you just want the shape itself?
  • FishyBananas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok said:
    Youre a genius!!! That definitely worked. Thank you so much! that was driving me mad because i could not figure it out for the life of me haha i had to put it on absolute but weird how it doesnt have tiling set up by defualt
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks for a solution, I've been having this issue too. I'll see if it works for me tomorrow. 

Edit: Yep, it works here as well. Thanks for the fix.
  • poloko61
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok said:
    thank you so much, I had the same problem and now it's solved.