Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Smith and Wesson Low Poly Game Ready Gun!

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Haytch polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys, So I showed off my SA80 but now I did a tutorail on creating a smith and wesson, I wanted to show of the final product. hope you guys enjoy!...

Also I know the Grip looks a bit to shiny but That was something I couldn't fix in Marmoset ( Still learning ) However in substance painter its not as glossy.

Updated the Images to JPEG, sorry guys

Replies

• Haytch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haytch polycounter lvl 9
  • Zelfit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zelfit polycounter lvl 8
    Quite ok work. I hope you'll accept some critics. First of all, you don't invest enough edges for rounded shapes. Second, try to avoid n-gons. They gave you triangulation problems on a front of a drum. Third, merge unnecessary edges. like on a barel or above the trigger. Fourth, area above the grip shows some normal baking problems, I don't know what causes it, maybe wrong triangulation
    P.S. As for glossiness, change reflection in Marmoset from Blinn-Phong to GGX
  • Haytch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haytch polycounter lvl 9
    Cheers for the Critique dude... I will work on that, yeah I have since started working more on my topology now, I worked on this piece which was fun for me to do...

you can find it here...

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/50WDz

but you're correct I Don't invest enough edges to make my objects round, I worry they will become too High poly / mid poly.