Home General Discussion

Need help with education :(

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Thessera vertex
Hey
I'm unsure where to go on from now.
i have been studying 3D and animation( 2 yrs in college), in prev years i been studying art (4yrs).
I want to get into the game "industry",
i want to make 3D models for games* but i have no freaking idea where to start?

What to study now?
 i will have to practies my skills now, and get to a prof level.
It will takes years ! 
So...What to do  now?

So far i know the basics in 3D:
 animation,rigging,maps,modeling, also VFX and storytelling.. 

My skills isnt good enough to get into serious work yet, and i need to study/work!!!!! >_< im lost!

Replies

• Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    What do you find you are drawn to the most? Environments? Characters? Props? VFX?

It's good you've already explored many areas. At some point you will probably want to specialize in an area so that you can focus your free time on improving in that one area. Instead of spreading yourself too thin across as many areas as possible. If you're not sure yet, that's okay too. Just try and learn all you can until you find an area that you think you might want to specialize in.

But whatever you do, keep on creating art! :)  

• JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Words of advice:

1) MAKE ART!
    2) MAKE ART!
    3) MAKE ART!!!
  • Thessera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thessera vertex
    Tobbo said:
    What do you find you are drawn to the most? Environments? Characters? Props? VFX?

It's good you've already explored many areas. At some point you will probably want to specialize in an area so that you can focus your free time on improving in that one area. Instead of spreading yourself too thin across as many areas as possible. If you're not sure yet, that's okay too. Just try and learn all you can until you find an area that you think you might want to specialize in.

But whatever you do, keep on creating art! :)  

I love polygon modeling , it's my strongest talent and i love makeing models , i do draw too.. but i get easy bored after 6 hours  XD
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    +1

I've shared Dustin's collection several times.