Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

Duvessa, the Crow Beast

Final Submission!

Beauty shot and close up rendered in Keyshot. Wireframe shot from Sketchfab since the wireframe mode in Keyshot doesn't look anywhere near as nice since it displays in tris instead of quads and Marmoset was giving me problems. Hope you guys like my submission!

Backstory:
In a time of steel and magic, there once lived a witch who longed to be the most beautiful woman in the world. She spent years learning countless spells that would help her become beautiful. However, these spells were not enough for she could only maintain the beauty she already had. She sought stronger power and in a desperate attempt, called upon Gods to help her cause. Unfortunately, she was met with despair; her plea rejected and a curse cast upon her, transforming her into a beast for as long as the world turns to atone for her sins.

Sketchfab link.

Replies

• bttp
    Just some updates so far with how it's coming along so far.

• Spoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 11
    Very interesting already :)
  • bttp
    Spoon said:
    Very interesting already :)
    Thanks a lot man! :D 

Got a little bit of an update. Added a bit more detailing and a few more final accessories.

• TophT
    Offline / Send Message
    TophT polycounter lvl 8
    This is definitely one of the more creative looks at the beast. Quite original, and creepy.
    I like the blending of the anatomy of the two very different creatures.
    I'd start breaking up the symmetry on the main body. The nails are a nice touch but the sculpted fur/hair looks a little too symmetrical. When you get to the fine details on this guy, might I suggest adding some damage to him?
    Scratches all along the hard body parts and tears in the soft. I think that would go a long way to helping the creepy/tattered look you have.
    Keep it up.
    T.
  • bttp
    Hey, thanks Toph! I definitely didn't get a chance to see this before I continued since I've been a hermit lately trying to catch up in school, but I'll definitely give my sculpt those additions.

For now just showing off some long due process shots. If you'd just like to view the model and ignore the rest of this post, you can view it here at SketchFab. First up are shots of the low poly without any materials/textures in and out of wireframe:

Finished the low poly hitting just under 100k tris, fitting the poly requirements. Some shots of the rig for posing later.

And here's a beauty shot in Sketchfab.

And my maps.

Comments and criticism welcome! :D
  • bttp
    Hey guys, just updated the first post with my final submission!

Just showing some more progress shots of the skinning, weight painting and posing process!