Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Quixel Suite 2.0 - 3DO camera orbiting oddly

I'm having an issue in 3DO where the camera appears to be rolled 45 degrees, making orbiting around the model (for example orbiting on the Y axis) very difficult. However I can't confirm that the camera is rolled since I can't actually see the world axis for comparison.

It could be that model itself is being rotated oddly on import; I have tried fbx and obj, and the model imports fine in other modeling software, so I do not think this is the issue.

Is this a known bug?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    It is indeed a known bug - try closing down 3DO and reopen it, that should solve it. :smile: 
  • benhollio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is indeed a known bug - try closing down 3DO and reopen it, that should solve it. :smile: 
    Closing and reopening 3DO did not solve the problem in my case. Force refreshing 3DO, and restarting Photoshop/Quixel had the same results. The only thing I found that would solve the camera issue was to delete the project folder, open a preexisting project with non-bugged camera, then close that project and make a new project. I found that if it was not done in this order the new project would also have a bugged camera. 

This could just be unique to my case, but I hope this information helps.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    That's quite strange. Thank you for the report, I've forwarded this to our 3DO engineer for further review. :smile: 
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Benhollio - we'd like to ask for your project folder. Could you please send a link to download it to sameer@quixel.se so our 3DO engineer can investigate further?