Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Where are the materials that are supposed to be in the DDO browser??

So I know I am not the first to have this problem, but I too am having a situation where the new version of DDO in QS 2 onwards (with the latest release which I downloaded yesterday) where I can add materials - but they do not show up in the browser, negating my ability to make changes to material colour, or masks!

Now I'm only a hobbyist so admit I may be doing something wrong here (plus I will add that I am getting to grips with the suite - the image below is only a test as I need to use nDO to create a ton of details which I understand will help with things like dirt and wear masks - that's not the problem here), but the fact that it does this with multiple models means there is something up with the program I think.

As you can see  materials can and are added, and I can access  my Color ID map through Shift-C. But that's pretty limiting.

What is going on with this? Has anyone found a fix? Or am I being a dumb ass?

I sure hope its me because I really struggled with the (lack of) stability with the original programs and sunk £80 on this. I'm starting to think the extra £30 on Substance might have been the better investment to make!!!

BTW:
PS CS6 (64 bit)
VERY latest version of Quixel Suite and DDO.

i7 6700K
16 GB 2666 MHz RAM
GTX 970 4GB
AsROCK Anniversary edition MB
240 GB SSD (where PS and QS boot from)
1TB Drive (where files and textures are stored).

What gives?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Soniclen! Have you attempted to reconnect Photoshop with the Suite? You can do this by:

Closing Photoshop
    Right-click Photoshop, run it as an administrator, close Photoshop again
    Run the Suite

Let me know if this assists. :smile: 
  • Soniclen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Synaesthesia,

Tried that - no dice.

Same problem - except now the model just goes black in 3DO when I Shift-C to see the colour map!
    I do remember having a similar issue before I upgraded my PC but that was assumed that my machine couldn't handle it as it only had 4GB Ram.
    I have upgraded to Win10 in recent months which was not something I had done when running this software before (the legacy versions).

There seems to be no other information on this either which makes it extremely frustrating.

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Try installing the Suite to your C:\ drive instead and see if that affects anything. :smile: 
  • Soniclen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi,

Quixel is on my C:\ drive so that's not the issue - Photoshop is too. 
    I know quite a few people in the industry who are having similar issues and a complete reinstall has not fixed the issue. It's like Quixel does load fine - but it is not talking to Photoshop properly.

I could never afford PS from Adobe directly so bought keys online (bought CS6 when CC came out as all I could afford). I know this is sometimes an issue if a reseller sells on too many of the same keys but in that case my version of PS should not work at all.

I'd really like to use this suite. 
    I now have Substance and that is working fine - but I still can;t use nDO which is actually my primary reason for buying the software TBH.

Please let me know what else we can do - I know this is not an isolated incident and am at a loss as to what is causing it. nDO is actually very similar in that the image that comes up looks like a blank chequerboard with no options. It loads fine, but when creating a new object/layer it just goes blank/flat without any detailing or the options to manipulate the layer shapes (or even create them) - again it feels like the connection to PS is broken so QS works but just pumps out blank textures/assets.

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    This is indeed a troublesome issue - please accept our apologies. In the meantime, let's work toward isolating this: You don't have multiple installs of Photoshop right now, do you? 
  • Soniclen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No - no multiple installs.
    does the suite work with photoshop elements? My wife owns a copy of that which I may be able to use.

what are the other possible causes?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Definitely doesn't work with Elements. Would you be okay with trying out Photoshop CC to see if your problems persist with that version?