Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Goblin champ w. oversized helmet

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
nkoste polycounter lvl 18
Hey Polycount!!

Returning customer here. I haven't posted here in ages. I'm more of a programmer/designer today, but it's safe to say I learned almost all I know about 3d from this forum. You could always get some good honest and harsh critiques in here.

I'm building a goblin just for practice since I wanted to learn more about PBR and I thought why not post it on polycount. Around 19000 triangles and a diffuse/normal/spec&gloss textures ranging form 2 to 4K.

I tried to follow the spec/gloss values from a chart, but all the metals we're too shiny and reflective for my taste so I aimed for more of a games workshop miniature feel and deviated from the standard values.

So here it is. Goblin champ WIP. Tools were silo, zbrush, maya, substance designer and of course Unity. Some progress pics now and return with more as I progress. I have some detached parts on it which are not part of the skinning. I'm writing some scripts to keep them in place like they are hinged. Helmet is detached too and the visor has a hinge joint as well. Currently working on doing a rig setup where the armour doesn't seem elastic.