Home Full time/Part time work

Looking for Experienced 2D Artist (Crossy/Smashy Road Style Game)

Hello, our company is looking to hire an Experienced 2D Artist for a medium sized job developing art assets for an upcoming mobile game. As you'll find below this will include assets for the gameplay and the UI.

In summary, this game plans to have a Crossy Road / Smashy Road: Wanted look and feel but in the 2D sense. The art direction for this game will be simple with a clean aesthetic look. 

Gameplay: Endless
Game Objectives: Setting high scores, earning currency, and receiving new characters.

The following describes the art assets we're looking to have developed.

Gameplay Graphics

1. Static Backgrounds (Varying Environments such as Forests, Deserts, Volcanoes, Oceans, Plains etc.)

2. Static Foreground Platforms (Matching with Environment)

3. 15+ Characters (Simple Rectangular Characters with the following animations)
     i. Stationary (Single-Couple Sprites (Eye Blinking etc.))
     ii. Jumping (Single Sprite Jumping)
     iii. Death (Character Unique but in essence Single-Couple Sprites (Example: KO'd Eyes))

4. Gameplay Objects that are Character dependent (Will have a single state and a 10-15 frame animation)
     i. Animation will be consistent but the aesthetic look of the objects will vary

5. Currency
     i. Coin like appearance with a logo on it
     ii. Shining animation and Coin Pick Up animation

In essence much like Crossy Road, as the character switches the environments and objects will switch as well.

UI Elements

Main Menu

i. Title Logo (White Text with Black Outline) + Animation (Flying off to left and right)
    ii. Character Selector Button
    iii. Tapping Hand Animation
    iii. Settings Icon (Opens Slider)
          a. Toggle Graphic Quality
          b. Toggle Sounds

HUD

i. Pause Button (Two Rectangles)
   ii. Score Meter (Basic White Text)
   iii. Currency Meter (Currency Text + Currency Icon)

Game Over

i. Score Meters (Top Score + Last Score)
    ii. Leaderboard Icon
    iii. Share Icon
    iv. Retry Arrow
    v. Rectangular Messages (Free Gift, Win a Character, Watch an Ad etc.)

The buttons and icons will have pressed and non-pressed states

Character Selection UI
  i. Background colors

Gift UI
   i. Opening a gift (Currency Particles)
   ii. Reward Text ("20 Coins " etc.)

Lotto UI
   i. Lotto Machine for winning characters

Character Unlocked UI
   i. Displaying which character was unlocked

If you're familiar with Crossy/Smashy Road you will probably notice many of the similarities. If you aren't familiar with those games, they are good reference material for what is desired.

Assuming the game is successful there will be follow up work for developing more environments, characters, and obstacles.

If this job interests you, please leave a comment below or send a private message. Also please be ready to show a resume including previous work from your portfolio.

DISCLAIMER: In order to accept this job, you will need to sign a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement.)

Preferred Communication Platform: Skype

Payment Method: PayPal or through UpWork.

Payment Type: Fixed or Hourly at your preference.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. We hope to hear from you soon :smile: