Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Gardener of Hearts

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Rhimor vertex
Hello everyone!

Many things have changed since I began working on this, so I ended up editing this first post and I will continue updating it as I go along.

Story

As I am making this "beast", a lot of new stories and ideas are popping into my head so nothing is concrete until the end.

The beast felt quite plain so I was thinking of adding some sort of clothing, however, it didn't really fit the whole character as he looks more "animal" than "human". After some thought, this dungeon wall came up to mind. It also kind of changes his story (it wasn't really clear in the first place anyway).

So far what the story (I think it's fairly complete):
   Years have passed since the Shifting Growth has become desolate. Corrupted by the ignorance of man, it has been left to wither. In one final bid to survive, nature itself has chosen an unfortunate candidate to carry the burden of the Breathing Essence. The beast, enchanted by the Essence, has developed supernatural features in order to fulfill the task of the grove. He must travel far and wide in order to locate fertile earth to ensure the reawakening of the Shifting Growth. And so the journey of the Gardener of Hearts begins…

Pedestal

After quite a bit of changes, I'm not entirely sure what the pose and pedestal are going to be yet. The only thing so far which I know for sure is that the whole scene is going to be giving some sad vibes.

Moodboards

Submission:

Full frame shot and story:

Close up shot:

Wireframe shot:

Texture sheet (tusks and fur):

Replies