Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

B_E_A_S_T - the Last of His Tribe

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
razzman polycounter lvl 7
Hello!
I have decided to join in, might be a bit late, but this "beast" challenge is an great oportunity to evolve my skills.

Forgive me the bad grammar (english is not my native language)

The story:
After some toxic waste pollution the little nature loving forest tribe got completely eliminated...only one of them luckily survived..there is none like him left..the waste pollution deformed him genetically so that he got mixed with human and ape genomes ..now he is been called a freak of nature by "higher civilisation" who had a chance to see him. He is standing alone against all who want to catch or destroy his life. Naturally very peaceful nature loving creature from the heart..treating all of living organisms with respect and is fighting against the rapid consumerism and agressive beings- that is causing the nature to suffer.

FINAL SUBMISSION:
Technical stats:
Beast polycount - 92369 triangles
1x4096 texture set (body)
2x2048 texture set (armor and clothes)

Pedestal polycount - 4741 triangles
1x2048 texture set (pedestal)

Sketchfab model
model

And one realtime model- external link. Best of luck for all! Thank you.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56912365/the_Beast/Beast%20and%20beauty_scene.html

" my concept idea "
The concept of the Beast (made a rough concept) wanted to use the Samurai..Ronin style of armor because it fits with the story quite well and is looking cool. The beast himself- i want to mix human, baboon/ape and neanderthal alike.
Thought of the pose to be like halfly meditating, holding and gazing the butterfly.

Any feedback is welcome!

Replies