Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast - Dodo BIRD

DODO BIRD

What a life he´s had... (I don´t know if you know this, but Dodo birds can only hatch an egg once in their life - I know.... not Darwin´s strongest creation - Hence, they are quite scarce. Normally you wont see them and if you do it would not be for very long. (They are quite unpredictable, except for their extravagant eating habits)

... anyway, lets get on with the story:

Our Dodo has been guarding his egg for so long, he even forgot how life was without it (these birds are quite forgettable as well). He was frustrated, didn´t really see much sense in it anymore, was angry and above all very lonely. As a matter of fact he thought about just abandoning this godforsaken thing once and for all just this morning! So there he was, right during his morning snack of some dull chewy crusader with head in a helmet (that´s like a "egg in a glass breakfast" type of thing)...   

...was there a noise?! Really soft at first, but definitely no imagination: a little scratching sound which seemed to be coming out of the inside of the egg.  Unable to move a feather he waits, as suddenly a light beam shoots out of the sky just like a magical ray cast from a forest fairy  (He likes fairies - ate one or two when he was a little bird).

The shell cracks open and out comes the sweetest squeak he ever heared in his whole life!!!!

References: Dodo Bird - Alice in Wonderland, Sindbad´s bird,

I did this rough concept in my lunchbreak (a total lie..... took me ages and it´s still crap - but lets face it - it wont get any better, so lets do some 3D)

Replies