Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast - Urban Borzoi Lady

Hey polycount! Doing this project in tandem with a college course. I want to do a Beast that's on the cuter side, playing to my strengths a little. The character is a Borzoi/Greyhound werewolf, maybe a couple chimera elements thrown in there as well. Fairly humanoid proportions, bipedal but looks cool on all fours.

MOST RECENT WIP:

Replies

• Revocare
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So here's my two ideas: the cute one and the spookier one. I think the second one has more visual interest with the ripped clothes and moody atmosphere, but might rely too much on the environment. The first one definitely stands well on its own. However, I'm still leaning a bit towards option 2. 

THOUGHTS? :kissing_heart: 

• Enalya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Definitely the second one for me! I might just make her (?) a little more elegant looking at the legs (less muscled) but that's a personal preference. Nah I don't think it relies much on the environment. The pose is also great to use. It's just the head/face looks so familiar to me, I really have the idea I've seen it before.. But who cares x)
  • Revocare
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got some basic forms in, and thinking about proportions. Let me know if there are any suggestions! I definitely want a very solid neutral pose with good weight.

Next up is clothes :smiley: 

• .csm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    .csm polycounter lvl 7
    If it is me, I would go with the second one along with giving her a nice climber outfit/appearance showing that she is living in the heigths of skycrappers' rooftops. (Why? I just love Mirrors Edge haha.) I probably would reduce the muscle amount too.
  • DroneSoma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DroneSoma polycounter lvl 3
    I like the second concept too, super dynamic! Should be a lot of fun posing and modeling her!
  • Revocare
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @.CSM - totally! I might want to include more rags and cloth to give a more dynamic appearance, maybe I can look at some parkour fashion or something.