Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: Quixel SUITE 2.1.2 - Silent install - Version ID How?

gboucher
null
Offline / Send Message
gboucher null
Hi, I work for a school and I'm doing a silent install of the Quixel SUITE 2.1.2. The silent install part works correctly. But I discovered that when the SUITE is installed and working then I have no way to find out what version is installed!!! In fact, the only way, that I know of, is to launch the application and do "About". There's no registry key about the version of the SUITE and I couldn't find a single file with a file version. I need to identify which version is installed so that I can update correctly my computers when a new update is available. Anyone knows how I can do this?

Thanks in advance for the help!
GBoucher

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey gboucher! All you'll need to do is run the Suite when an update is released. I always post release updates here on the forum, and you can use the main Suite toolbar to also check the version you're currently running.

• gboucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gboucher null
    Hi Synaesthesia, first of all sorry for the delay. That said I understand what you are telling me but I think you are missing the point that my job is to deploy many applications on around 1500 computers in multiple locations. I just don't have the time or the man power to launch the Suite on each computers and do the update manually. What I'm looking for is having a way to identify which version is already installed on a specific computer remotely. For example, a reg key under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall". Or a file version for the executable of the Quixel Suite. Etc. We use Novell ZENworks to deploy our applications on our workstations. So I need to find a way to automate the process...

Thanks again for your help!

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey gboucher - sorry about the confusion. :smile: I forwarded this on to our development team - we'll look into adding this into our next build to help you out!
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Alright, I just got word that it's being added in the next build for you! :smiley: Here's the word from the programmers:

You can pick it up from the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{37962BCF-EF4D-4F9D-8AA1-8E2AAD546B67}_is1
    The following values should have enough information
    - DisplayVersion
    - DisplayName
    - MajorVersion
    - MinorVersion
  • gboucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gboucher null
    Perfect Thanks again for the help!
  • somehume
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How did you get the silent install to run? I've tried pushing a deployment with PDQ deploy, but it seems to get hung up with the vcredist installer.

I'm using these switches:
    Quixel_SUITE_2.2.1_Setup.exe /SP- /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART