Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast - Introvert

I've always been fascinated by the universal character and symbolism for The Beast, which comes in a variety of different forms. A very misunderstood character hated and feared by many indeed, but with a big heart, an outcast. Growing up, I've always been a loner whom avoided people. I was always that outcast who would prefer to think, draw, and play alone rather than with others. My Beast had always been my own introversion, it has kept me locked away in my room for hours just working on my own art and thinking to myself.

My character will be the symbolism of my own Beast, my introversion. It will have the body of an oddly proportioned adult with exaggerated limbs. The head will be a baby with four faces, one for each side, that will be inside a cage like mechanism. Whatever direction you look in, you will always see a face. I will split the faces into cube pieces so that you will only be able to see that baby face in the particular direction you are looking in similar to the reference image on the upper left hand corner. The cage will also have a key and lock mechanism on the back side. 

This character symbolizes being trapped in your own head and isolated. As an artist, no matter how old you get your creative and imaginative mind tends to be the only thing that stays true to its childhood roots.

Looking forward to bringing this idea to life! 

Replies