Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

Beast: Puppetmaster Moth of Space-Time

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
NikhilR polycounter
"The pain and suffering of a world once at war have come back to haunt the dreams of an innocent child.
Her emotions have manifested as the caretaker, a massive silk moth that is the puppet-master of the fabric of space-time.

A childhood once loved is now lost, bathed in a pool of blood from which the moth arises, lifting her to its gaze, deliberating the destiny of her fragility.

Should it consume her and save her the irony of her present, lift her to the sanctity of the heavens for an uncertain future or immerse her in the ambiguity of the life past where she might deal with the root of her problems?

She is entirely at the mercy of its instinct. Trapped within a dream from which she will never awake.
Atleast she has her teddy-bear that seems to calm the creature."

close up of the innocent:

(Not the strongest concept artist, still learning the ways. <3 Mangastudio)

Hello,
Relatively new to poly count.
I wanted to make a submission that while focused on the character, speaks a lot of the nature of the environment that created it.
Its meant to be as much an art piece as a game ready character respecting technical constraints.
Colors are merely to distinguish between appendages. I plan to use a more flat color cartoony style.

My inspiration is the plight of children in war torn nations alien to the more civilized lifestyles imposed upon them by unfortunate and difficult circumstances, a matter that is so relevant in our time and constantly on the news.

You will have to zoom into the image to see the child, needless to say this being a beast only contest, I wanted the focus to be on the creature.
However, the moth and the child are one and the same, linked with the fabric (silk) of time.
The base would be the hourglass and small items of the child's past that will be bathed in the pool of blood.

Thank you for your time.