Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Last of Us Flamethrower

Firefly
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Firefly polycounter lvl 4
The Last of Us Flamethrower. Low Poly Game ready mesh. Calling this done. Moving on. Original concept by Nick Gindraux. Everything was modeled in 3ds max. Textured in Substance Painter/Photoshop. Rendered in Marmoset Toolbag 2.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/vEd9O

Cheers! 

Replies

• Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
    I don't know what you did but I can have 6 threads of this in my feed, please don't do that if it was intentional. The model looks nice, and I'd say most of it is spot on though I would make some suggestions as to what could look better.

- The cloth in the front is a bit too low poly with some sharp edges, and also doesn't look to convincing, its also a bit too clean in my taste.
    - Some of the duct tape is too wrinkled, like where it isn't even touching surface, especially in those places there should be tension, not compression. 
    - I don't know if it's supposed to be newly made but if its supposed to have been used, i'd paint in some metal discoloration from heat in the front.
    - This is probably a problem with the original design as well, but I'm pretty sure that aluminum can would burn away fairly fast where it's placed, I know that they burn away when thrown into a normal fireplace and I doubt the temperatures at the front of a flamethrower are much lower.
  • Firefly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firefly polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for your critique. Duly noted. And no I did not intentionally post this multiple times. I wish I could delete the other threads but I can't. Hopefully some admins can delete it. Cheers!