Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: Quixel Colors script for Maya

Bryan3d
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Bryan3d polycounter lvl 8
I'm running Quixel Colors 1.3 Currently I'm watching the  DDO Painter: Color ID Primer pt.2 and I'm trying to assign color IDs. In the tutorial he is able to select a mesh or sub object and just simply click on a color swatch to assign a color. When i click on the color swatches nothing happens. I've tried multiple meshes, restarting the software, running in admin mode. I can click all the other buttons in Colors such as render but the swatches act as if they are not being clicked. Thanks for any help.

Windows 8.1
Maya 2014 and 2015
Quixel is up to date as of 2-13-2016

Replies

• Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    Hey Bryan3D,
    Can you open the script editor after clicking a swatch and let me know if it shows any errors? :smile: 

Thanks,
    Scott.
  • Bryan3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Sythen

It appears rebooting my computer fixed the issue. I'm having no issues now. Thanks for checking in.
  • Bryan3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Strange though, I had a Render button and some other stuff at the bottom of the Quixel Colors window and now they are gone.
  • Bryan3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen said:
    Hey Bryan3D,
    Can you open the script editor after clicking a swatch and let me know if it shows any errors? :smile: 

Thanks,
    Scott.

Scott

I'm getting the below error message and the menu on the bottom that contains the render button is gone

Loading Quixel Colors for Maya
    [<lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x0000000032176D30>]
    # Error: line 1: TypeError: file <maya console> line 5: reload() argument must be module #
    Closed

>>>Moderator edit: Merged this from a new thread:

My initial problem was that Quixel Colors 1.3  would load in Maya but I was unable to select any colors swatches.  It also had the menu at the bottom of the Quixel Color  window. After a reboot (Not sure if that made any difference) Quixel Colors would load in Maya and now I am able to select the color swatches however the menu has disappeared(See below image). When running the script I am now getting this error message in my Maya command line " # Error: TypeError: file <maya console> line 5: reload() argument must be module 

**************Script that I ran*******************
    import sys
    sys.path.append(r'C:\Program Files\Quixel SUITE 2.0\colors')

import main
    reload(main.main()

**********Output***********************

import sys
    sys.path.append(r'C:\Program Files\Quixel SUITE 2.0\colors')

import main
    reload(main.main())
    [<lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x0000000032C2AD30>, <lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x000000003D48BC50>, <lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x000000003A4C1860>, <lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x000000003A4C18D0>, <lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x000000003A4C1A58>, <lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x000000003A4C17F0>, <lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x000000003D48BCC0>, <lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x000000003D3CCA58>, <lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x000000003D3F5278>, <lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x000000003D3CC080>, <lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x000000003D3F5048>, <lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x000000003A4C1438>]
    # Error: line 1: TypeError: file <maya console> line 5: reload() argument must be module # 

Windows 8.1
    Geforce GTX980 Drivers 361.75
    Maya 2014
    3DS Max 2015 (No issues in Max)
    Quixel 2.1.2

• Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    Hey Brian!

Rename line 5 from Reload(main.main()) to main.main() and you should be good to go!
    Maya doesn't include the render bar right now because we're still developing it! Apologies for the inconvenience,

Scott.
  • Bryan3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen said:
    Hey Brian!

Rename line 5 from Reload(main.main()) to main.main() and you should be good to go!
    Maya doesn't include the render bar right now because we're still developing it! Apologies for the inconvenience,

Scott.

Looks good, thanks.