Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

For who could ever love a Beast.

Hey everyone,

My concept for the Beast is going to be a a gender bent beast.
A woman cursed for her cruel heart has been transformed into a creature of horror, a sort of parody of what she once looked like. Unable to cope with the reality of what has become of her body, she tries to carry on like normal. Transforming her new body to try to resemble her old one, The Beast uses everything she can; corsets, make up, jewellery...crinoline adjusted to support her gross new head. 

Ignoring the situation is just making things worse for her, but what can she do? For who could ever love a beast.
Here's the mood board.

Hear are some of the concept sketches for her so far. Trying to keep a good balance between grotesque and delicate. 

The head is not 100% defined, I feel like I'll get it more finalized once I begin sculpting.
I'd love some feedback and critiques.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This looks like a really cool idea. Unfortunately there's something wrong with your thread, it freezes Chrome when I try to scroll down. I think it's because your bottom image is 10,457 pixels wide, and the browser is taking too long to resize it to fit the thread width. I'd recommend scaling down to 1920 or less width (1920x1080 is 1080p HD resolution). Try forcing your browser to reload the page to see what I mean (Ctrl F5).