Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

BEAST - The Oppressed

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
KatKatchem polycounter lvl 2
Hello, I am excited to join the Beast contest!

The Oppressed -

Once a great prince who sought for the justice of his people, he eventually became the ruler of his country with great promise. With all intent to do good, he realized that his power was limited by that of his own advisors and the rich overseers who cared for the profit of the few.  The overseers didn't like the new ruler's optimistic and progressive stance, so they came up with a plan to slowly poison him through offer of great wealth and power. The new ruler blindly accepted the promise in thought for it to help him, but in reality he was becoming a slave to his own empire. He slowly devolved into nothing but a puppet, a slave tortured by his own advisors. He became the beast that he is today. A beast symbolizing his own failure; a beast with no eyes, symbolizing his lack of foresight; four muscular arms symbolizing the overpowering control of his advisors; two smaller front arms symbolizing his struggle to break free;  only one wing to remind him that freedom of flight will never be an option; and the body of a dog chained to the dirt symbolizing his place - forever a slave to the real masters.

Latest WiP:

Here is my initial sketch, and zbrush dynamesh. I have been playing around with body types and have settled on this one for now.. I want to go for something big and powerful, yet tormented. Inspired by Chernabog, gargoyles, and Dark Souls/Bloodborne. 

Replies