Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] The Cabin

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Geexile polycounter lvl 8
Hay Polycounters :)
Okay so this is my new portfolio project , it started like a study but it did grow more than that.
All the foliage is hand modeled, only the trees are made with SpeedTree, i`ll attach screenshots of the models on the bottom.The foliage is using one atlas texture. The cliff is sculpted in Zbrush, there is screenshot on the bottom. I did attach screenshot from two of my shaders as well.
Hope you guys will like it , comments are welcomed.
Cheers

Replies

• n4uj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    n4uj polycounter lvl 5
    Hello Geexile,

It is looking very nice so far, congratullations :)
    I think that right now the grass don't match the ground, somehow the seam where they meet is kind of hard. I would recommend you to use a different ground texture in the areas where there is grass. You can use a simple vertex paint to blend it, or terrain paint layers, if it is a landscape mesh.
    Also there is a desaturation node in UE4 material editor, try to tweak the saturation of the foliage, since we tend to always use very saturate colours.
    Are you using fog? I don't think that this scene needs fog, but that is my personal opinion!
    Anyway, appart from that it looks quite cool :D
  • SaferDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaferDan polycounter lvl 14
    I think your lighting is really washing everything out. It makes the images look super flat. I took this into photoshop and all I did was lower the brightness and I think its an improvement.

• Geexile
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geexile polycounter lvl 8
    Tnx for the comments guys. To be honest i was aiming towards bright and saturated feel, kinda a fantasy/stylized but from the real side :D if this is making any sens. However i`ll look in to this things ;)