Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-Fi Stargate Re-make Environment [3D Marmoset]

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
brandv3d polycounter lvl 12
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to post what I have been working on today to get some feedback on this WIP. I've been looking at it too long and need a fresh eye to help with valuable feedback.  I know there are a few obvious things with this but any comments would help.  Been working on the lighting the most today. About the name of this title, it's suppose to be a sci-fi type Stargate Throne / Lobby room.

Replies

• Cay
    Offline / Send Message
    Cay polycounter lvl 5
    I'm not sure where you want to go with it but maybe you should put some more thought into it.

First of all I (my goa uld emperor personality) wouldn't want to compete with the stargate when it comes to attention of my employees.
    So I would either go for gate or throne room, both in the same room doesn't seem very reasonable to me. Especially because your composition will have two focal points.

I'm also not a huge fan of the blue neon and the 50s checker floor. I'd say either go for scifi or ancient architecture.
    Right now it screams "cheap movie set" to me.. is that a glass facade in the back?