Home Technical Talk

Zbrush curve mode problem

christopheduron
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
christopheduron polycounter lvl 2
Hello guys,

Normally i'd be asking this on Zbrush forums, but i'm in a hurry and last time i used those forums to ask a question it took them a whole week to evaluate and post my topic...

So let me ask it here instead :)! I made a fairly detailed stone slab which i turned into and insertmesh so i could use the curve mode tool to repeat this stone slab across an entire wall. When i started out using this it worked perfectly, but then suddenly the geometry stopped showing up when i try to draw new curve lines.

I quickly checked one of my older insertmeshes that i made and i don't have any issues using curve mode with this insertmesh. I tried googling for a similar problem but didn't come up with any solutions. Does anyone have a method to fix this? (tried restarting Zbrush, pc already)

EDIT: Alright i worked around the problem by creating exactly the same insertmesh anew. I was lucky enough this time that i still had a copy of the geometry i turned into an insertmesh as a different subtool. I'd still like to know a possible fix for this in case it happens again in the future.