Home Freelance Job Postings

[PAID] 3D Tunnel Set

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Shippiddge polycounter lvl 4
CLOSED

[ The position has now been filled. Thank you for your interest. ]

Hello. I am making a short animated film (part of a series), and I'm looking for someone that can model and texture one of the main sets.  

You must be able to work in Blender, or be able to import your work into Blender without loss of quality.

For more details or inquiries, please email me at pierceshipp@gmail.com.
If interested, please include your rate and a portfolio with relevant examples of your work.

Here is a description of the set in question:

-----

This scene takes place in an underground tunnel.  The idea is that hundreds of caterpillar-like creatures worked together to dig this tunnel so they could train in secret.  I'm going to be putting a lot of rocks and other props into this tunnel when I build the scene.

Here are pictures of the kind of tunnel I'm looking for.  It's more of a dirt tunnel than a rock tunnel.  However, when you texture it, make sure to keep the textures cartoony, but not overly simplified.  They need to fit with these characters.  Here is the previous episode of the series, to give you a better idea of the aesthetic.

Also, the caterpillar creatures excrete a sticky, stringy, white web-like substance (basically silk).  I need you to find a way to way to work that into the texture and/or model somehow.  For instance, leaving a silk-like residue on some walls or edges.

Here is the current layout of the tunnel.  It's a .blend file.  I've put on a random dirt texture on it to make it easier to see.  Feel free to change anything about the base mode, or re-make it altogether if it's easier for you.  It's just supposed to be a general guide for the shape of the tunnel I want.  If you choose to work off of it, the UVs will definitely need to be redone entirely. 

Here are the relative sizes of the characters in the tunnel.  There will be a lot of close-up shots of these characters, so the textures need to have a high enough resolution to look good from the character's level of perspective.  In fact, I'd highly recommend separating the UVs into several segments, and having multiple texture files in order to get the level of detail I'm looking for.