Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast - Voteth the Tomb Guardian

Voteth was once a man, his true name lost to time. In a time long gone, he was raised  as a royal bodyguard. In his youth he was assigned to protect a beautiful princess.  Over time he grew to love her and she, him.  Their love grew and they were happy.  Time passed and the princess grew ill.  Tragically, the illness overcame her and she died. 

The princess was laid to rest in a magnificent tomb.  Voteth was grief-stricken and could not bear to be apart from her.  He begged the gods to allow him to continue his service, to stand by her side and protect her eternally.  The gods took pity on Voteth and transformed him into a giant golem, a tomb guardian of stone and metal. 

Voteth now stands sadly, silently watchful over the princess's eternal slumber, and woe be to any who would defile her tomb.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York has a fantastic collection of Egyptian antiquities.  I was inspired by the design motifs, the colors, the sculptures and the sarcophagi I found within the collection.  I'll be using those and bit of Egyptian culture I'll find around the web as a jumping off point for my creature design.

Thanks for taking a look, I hope you enjoy!

Latest update:

Replies