Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast - Maero The Tortured

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
DroneSoma polycounter lvl 3

The “beast” I intend to create is a testament to the ambivalence of my own existence I think.  It’s about the barriers I build and the lengths I take to protect them.

I want to acknowledge the part of my consciousness that is usually reserved for spending an hour looking for a parking spot and present a creature that is absurdly poetic and randomly autobiographical all while trying to maintain an honest and objective voice.

My idea though, is to approach this concept on an emotional level and center the physicality of the creature to be based on traumas both mental and physical. Ultimately, I want to narrate that finding beauty in all the absurdity and ugliness and overcoming horror to survive is essential in order to appreciate that one true voice within oneself.

In a way though, it’s also the anti-Christ of narrative because one can coherently conceive of entire worlds but they lack conscious experience. In such worlds though, the counterpart of every being that is conscious is just a mere reflection, no sentience or structure.

The beast is a tortured soul. I fully intend to explore those narrative dualities along with the classical duality of macabre horror and beauty, which will make up the visual essence of the “beast”.  

My inspiration...

Replies